The Riverview Historic District’s name came from Riverview Elementary School, pictured above, which was at 12th and Guthrie. The school building was demolished in 1975, but the district has retained its name. The neighborhood contains houses and apartment buildings constructed between 1911 and 1938.

The school after which our neighborhood was named.

Riverview School, photo credit G. Oscar

More info here.