The Buena Vista Park Historic District is a small residential district located just over a mile south of downtown Tulsa. The Buena Vista Park Historic District encompasses portions of three blocks of the Buena Vista Park Addition. Platted in 1908 by Charles A. Sanderson, the addition originally consisted of seven irregular shaped blocks. The shape of the blocks reflect the convergence of the grid pattern of land development with the reality of the Arkansas River. While the compass-oriented grid system dominates Tulsa's residential neighborhoods platted during this and subsequent periods, the diagonal presence of the Arkansas River along the southwest side of the property required accommodation. This resulted in the wedge-shaped blocks on the western edge of the addition which align on their east sides with the more prevalent rectangular-shaped blocks.